A conservatory or glass room extension can be a great space for families within a home, and you may have trouble deciding what you want to use the room for, or how you want the space to fit in within the home. Luckily, we have compiled a top ten list of ideas for you to take inspiration from, and to help you decide how to make the most of your conservatory.
- Dining Room – Why not create a space where the whole family can sit down and eat together? This fantastic idea will give you a separate space for family meals and occasions such as parties and meals.
- Open-plan living room – Your conservatory could be used as a great opportunity to extend your living space. Your living room would gain lots of natural light, and can be decorated to look like a seamless addition to your home.
- Relaxed Seating Area – You could use your conservatory as a relaxed space that can be used to pass time away. It can be multi-functional as both a living and a dining room, and somewhere to entertain guests at leisure.
- Kitchen Extension – By placing your kitchen in a conservatory, you can cook and entertain in a room with a view. It would create the perfect space for anyone who enjoys entertaining guests in the kitchen, and can be decorated and fitted with a sleek modern feel, or with rustic country charm, however you would like to style your space.
- Utility Room – Utility rooms can be a good way to use an unloved space. It can create an area for organisation, perfect for families, and keeps the washing out of the kitchen!
- Garden Room – Make the most of your garden by using the space to make the most of the great outdoors. Be at one with nature with large windows and seating so you can appreciate the view while you informally dine with friends.
- Breakfast Room – Eat your breakfast while you enjoy beautiful views of the garden, with a room the whole family can use to make the most of the mornings.
- Family Room – Need a space to de-stress after a busy day? Create a comfortable space the whole family can use to relax and unwind, with plenty of soft furnishings and sofas to create a calm atmosphere.
- Kitchen-Diner – This is the perfect idea for anyone who enjoys entertaining and having everyone round, while they show off their culinary skills in the kitchen. It extends the space so more features can be put in place, such as a wine fridge or an island in the middle.
- Tea Room – Make the most of the garden view over a pot of tea in a tea room. This quirky addition to your house is perfect for anyone who enjoys afternoon company over tea and cake, and gives a cosy charm to any home.
Whatever you choose, a conservatory makes the ideal addition that adds value to any home.